Sunday 12 January 2014

First Impressions - Sappho Liquid Foundation in Rachel


Dear Diary,

I recently purchase the Sappho Liquid Foundation in the colour Rachel. I have been eyeing on this for quite some time now. Except I wasn't ready to fork out so much money on a foundation, despite hearing positive reviews on this. Anyways let me just cut this short, my local pharmacy had a sale on Black Friday, so I decided to give this a try!


PACKAGING:
As you can see, the foundation bottle is pretty small. But don't let it fool you because it does holds 30 ml of product. (Good things can come in small packages!) I personally like how the packaging is small because it won't take up much space in my makeup bag and I honestly don't like it when packaging can be deceiving. (It's like the packaging of a bag of chips, ugh) The only complaint I have is, I wish it was made out of glass rather than plastic. The box itself is made of paper and is wrapped with a tape that has been printed on.




PRODUCT:
This product has a pretty strong flower and a hint of herbal scent though the scent doesn't linger for long. The consistency of the product is perfect, it isn't runny nor too thick.

 

APPLICATION:
In terms of application, I used my Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki brush. I personally think this foundation works best with this type of brush. The Joe Fresh concealer brush doesn't really do much; all it did was just spreading the foundation on my skin without adding coverage. So what I did was apply the foundation on areas where I needed more coverage and then I pressed the foundation onto the skin with the flat top kabuki brush. 


PERFORMANCE:
Within 5 hours the foundation held up pretty well. In terms of oiliness, there isn't much difference with or without a primer. I also didn't feel the need to blot the oil because it wasn't unbearable. But by the end of the day I did lose some coverage and my face did get more oily.


VERDICT:
I will need more time to test this product out and experiment with different applications. But as of right now, I like it! The feature of this product that really stood out to me was how lightweight it felt. The reason why I don't really use liquid foundation was because I hated the heaviness of liquid foundation. It's quite a splurge and in the end it depends on what type of foundation you are looking for. I don't mind that it is a light to medium coverage foundation because it wasn't like I got zero coverage from this foundation plus I can always use a concealer.




Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?

Love, Jen

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! I'm really glad that you're liking this foundation, it is one of my favs!

    http://amber-allnaturallybeautiful.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...